Tuesday, July 17, 2007

project walk

I finished my first week at project walk, and met alot of really great people. The trainers there are patient and very focused on getting something from my legs. Also, the other patients have been helpful with tips on living in a wheelchair. One of the tips: use an office chair in the rooms that your wheelchair will not fit in, was so obvious and will be very useful. Whatever my outcome from Project Walk, I am sure to leave there much stronger than when I arrived, and for sure if I am to be active again I need to be alot stronger and more balanced with my upperbody.
I am staying with Anna right now, while I try to find my own place. She has been great. I rely on her for getting everywhere. We stayed at Anna's parent's place in La Jolla over the weekend, so that I could be closer to Project Walk, and it was very relaxing we watched the "Copa" and went swimming in the pool. I was able to take a short breath before, this weeks, massive pile of paperwork, doctor search, medical supply hunting and apartment and car finding. It has been almost three months since the accident and I am just now getting to a place where I can start catching up with everything. The help I have received from everyone has been so helpful, I am not sure how I would be getting by and receiving more training without it.
Thanks again everyone.

1 comment: