Tuesday, June 5, 2007

thankful smile

every post makes me feel so good, even when my PT's got me hangin like a monkey from some torture device i can't help but grin. really, everyone has been so great. i am truely grateful for the blog, the letters and the cheery phone calls - with your help i will keep moving forward.
its close to 3am, and i am pretty fired up because i just got off the phone with anna. aahh anna...so beautiful, she makes me feel so good, no matter what the situation; a constant source of hope. she inspires me to get out of bed and really buckle down with my therapy. anna will be coming to visit this weekend. i can't wait to show her the parking garage next door.
last weekend, i explored it with my mom and nephew brennan. it's not like we thought each level would be different, but we were anxious to see the view from the top. it turned out to be spectacular, you could see downtown denver and the eastside of the rockies, but most of all you could see all the different types of storm clouds hovering in the distance. denver has been having some pretty spectacular thunderstorms lately.
i have been enjoying my time with my mom and nephew. on sunday i made my first transfer into a car. i rode shotgun, my mom sat in the back while, 14 year old, brennan drove us all over denver (he was the only one sober). we tried to make it to the new art museum that daniel libeskind designed (he is the guy who won the competition to replace the twin towers), but the traffic was to much, and i was anxious to get back because one of the therapist at the hospital offered to take me out for a bike ride. the bikes are very low to the ground and you pedal with your hands, not as fast as a regular bike, but very fun to ride because you turn by leaning you body. we carved up every street in the neighborhood into perfect pie shaped pieces of pavement. it was a blast, but i am paying for it this week. i had to increase my pain meds and am spending more time trying to just lay still. i forget that my body has not healed itself yet. i am feeling stronger, but my body insists on reminding me just how busted up it is. anyway, i just wanted to share with all of you what i have been up to and thank you again for all of the comfort you bring to my situation. i'm smiling right now.

3 comments:

Anna Haudenschild said...

my sweet chris, you take my breath away. i love you, anna

Tony and Karina said...

Hey Chris, What email are you checking these days? I want to email you some links and I am putting some resource stuff together on the net for you, just some tools to make accessing files, etc. a little easier. Let me know. Tony G-Tahoe

John Bleazard said...

I check this blog everyday. Its good to see you are doing well and making great improvements every day.

If you get a chance send me an email to johnbleazard@yahoo.com so I can keep in touch with you.