Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Ad Astra per Aspera, buddy.

Chris you've been much on my mind these last few days after I read Bill's email. Alissa and I have been thinking about you and hoping for a speedy recovery. Of anyone I know, you're one of the few people I know who could face such adversity with quiet courage and determination and still come through with that charming self-effacing humor intact.

I've been thinking of an anecdote I read from a Doctor who had practiced in NYC and then moved his practice to the Plains. In New York he had to divide his patients complaints by 10 to get an idea of the actual pain they were feeling, in the Plains he had to multiply the patients complaints by a factor of ten to begin to understand what they were feeling. I know that Chris's Doctors are probably doing the same thing, perhaps by x100.

We're glad to hear you're out of the ICU and stabilized. I wish we were there to drop in and talk with you.

(I see in the news that someone is exacting your revenge on the hills of LA.)

No comments: