Monday, May 7, 2007

Mr. Cobra Lee

Well, now Chris,

I'm thinking about you every day man. It's obvious that if anyone I know would somehow someday in the future turn this thing that happened into an offhand story while we're refueling in a Dunkin' Donuts for our daily bike commute down Venice Boulevard, that man would be you.

You know who you're going to be like? You're going to be like Bruce Lee when he hurt his back and the doctors said "no more jeet-kune-do for you Bruce." And Bruce was all "Nuh-uh. I'm Bruce Lee man." And while he was recovering while stuck in bed for months, he wrote two big volumes about how to be almost as awesome as him called the Tao of Gong-Fu (he couldn't have done it without the help of his lovely wife Linda :) Then he decided to become even better than he was before because he worked his mind when he couldn't work his body. Then he went on to totally blow everyone's mind when he filmed Game of Death where he fought Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. If you get down, think of Bruce Lee and how determined he was to not give up and turn the situation to his advantage.

Oh and I'm making you a hypo-allergenic pillow stuffed with the shredded remains of your credit card offers. I know how sensitive you are to strange fabrics.

I miss you Chris. I can't wait to see you dude.

No comments: