Monday, May 7, 2007

My Visit, Sending Chris a Shout Out

Hello Everyone,
I ventured on up the ICU at the UCLA Medical Center and visited with Chris today. He's doing so well, much better than i expected. He's still in the ICU, but may be moved to a more normal room tonight. I met with Chris, Anna, Anna's mother, and Chris' dad too. Big props go out to the Oberle and Haudenschild families for their amazing fortitude and support. It is so good to see Chris and that he's doing as well as he is. Chris' submission for an Architectural competition that he and a couple friends have produced recently is being entered today. Chris is very talkative and optimistic; he's focused on sending positive brain waves down his spine so that he will sooner than later feel his legs again. Chris is actively searching for a good rehabilitation center.

This blog is 'off the hook'! Looking good, thanks for the posts everyone, and keep 'em coming! We're going to make it better in upcoming days to make sure that it is in full interstellar overdrive by the time Chris is online to check it out. Stay in touch.
Best regards,
Bill Wagner

1 comment:

bill said...

Hi Everyone,

I was able to visit with Chris after he had been moved out of ICU, and by chance, met his parents while there. I was completely struck by his positive attitude and frame of mind, considering the circumstances he's in, and I'm convinced these traits will serve him well as he begins the arduous re-hab process.

While there, I was reminded of the many times Chris would come into my office at SCI-Arc, if for no other reason than to say hello. We've always enjoyed a close relationship and, like all of you, I was deeply saddened to learn of his accident. I am encouraged, though, by the support and encouragement from all of you, and am with you as we keep him in our minds and prayers.

Bill Simonian