Monday, May 7, 2007

Hello from an old friend

Chris
Joel sent me this info for you and I wanted to write and tell you that I am thinking of you. I am not sure you remember but I had a very serious mountain bike accident in Tahoe back in 1998. I suffered a traumatic brain injury and was unconscience for a few days and had many mental and physical deficits. I think that you, Lou and Tom sent me flowers while I was in the hospital. I had short term memory loss for 4 months, partial paresis on one side of my body, severe pain and headaches. I really don't remember anything of my first 4 months of recovery but I do remember the outpouring of assistance and help for me. My recovery was long and frustrating and I fought for everything. Now I am fine no mental deficits to note (although some may agrue!) I also regained all of my physical functions. Our injuries are different and you will have many challanges ahead. As you know I am a physical therapist my specialty is not spinal cord rehab but I could answer lots of questions if I have more info on your injury. My specialty is orthopedic spine and neurogenic pain disorders, not a far reach from spinal cord injury.
On another note do you remember my crazy chocolate lab, Heike who used to hang out with Bruno? Anyway, I hope you are up and going soon.
Tanya

No comments: