Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Status from Anna

Hello!

Chris was moved out of the ICU late last night. It was an exhausting experience for all of us. His new roommate is an old super snory man who Chris is sure to befriend. He has been really pensive, concentrating his efforts on getting better and learning about his condition.

Chris remains so sleepy but I know he would really enjoy seeing all of you. I have been giving him as much space as possible but I want to be with him all the time. His parents are here helping him out, and my family has been surrounding him and me with comfort and love.

The next step for him is to get him off to Rehab as soon as possible. He still has his chest tube in and many painful injuries, but it seems as if in the next week he will be able to go. Right now the best place we found (according to doctors and reports) is in Colorado.

http://www.craighospital.org/

It would be great to know if anyone has heard of it. This means that he will be close to his entire family in Kansas, but far from me. I am determined to finish my Masters Degree by summer time, but will be visiting him as much as possible until then.

So, he will be so happy to see you, but we don't want to overwhelm him right away. It would be great to have a few people at a time day or night and perhaps you can let everyone know when you intend to come so the times can be coordinated.

Looking forward to seeing you. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts they are powerful enough to float his body, mind and spirit to the top of the tallest mountains.

Your Anna

No comments: